Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Love Reconnecting

This has been an amazing year so far. Of course it has gone by in a FLASH but it has been awesome none the less. What makes it even better or more amazing is that I am reconnecting with friends after years and years all thanks to Facebook!

I have to admit that I was very hesitant about doing it in the beginning and after I opened an account I didn't post anything or even put a picture up. But then out of nowhere I started getting requests for friends that I had lost touch with and now I'm all over FB. I have reconnected with friends that I lost touch with but never forgot. People that popped in my head from time to time, just wondering how they were doing, how their kids were doing etc. Now I know everyone is super busy these days and with kids it's not going to lighten up it's only gonna get busier and busier and that's okay because that's the way life is. With that said it is hard to keep in touch with everyone, unless you are superwoman and just has everything under control and has the time to call and write notes and cards on people's birthdays, has the time to call and just say "what's up" on top of being a mom, a wife, and for some a co-worker.

For those of us who aren't superwoman there is Facebook. It reminds you when it's a friend's birthday, you get to see pictures of your friend's families, you get a small glimpse into their lives (via their posts), you get to "chat" online and you can send "notes" to each other.

I know people either hate it (my hubby being one) or love it. Whatever the case may be I have to admit that I'm one of those that love it and I love that I'm back in my friend's lives and they in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment