Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!!

Here is what I did for the girls' classmates this year. I love finding new craft ideas to use and I fell in love with this one the moment I saw it! Thank you to La*T*Da for the idea.

It is a waffle cone with a ball of cotton candy! Isn't it adorable? I got so lucky with this one. Two Mondays ago we had a huge ladies event at my church. Our guest speaker was Lisa Bevere, whom I love, by the way, and an awesome Pink After Party wherein everything in the room was PINK! We have a member who makes wonderful cotton candy and I happen to run into him while he was making this wonderful concoction and just happen to ask how much he would charge me for a few bags of PINK cotton candy, which he blessed me with at no charge, by the way. I had most of the supplies needed to make this cute little treat (see below)




I also bought the Charm's Cotton Candy from the Dollar Tree just in case I didn't have enough and was surprised by the taste...it was actually pretty good. First I "balled" up the cotton candy and topped it on the waffle cone then I placed it in the triangle cello bag (found at Hobby Lobby in the party section) I then typed up a cute little saying in a very "valentiny" font from FontSpace

Punched the sayings out with the round punch and as you can see on the 1st batch I just left it round and on the 2nd batch I did use the scalloped scissors for a different look. Once that was done I punched a whole thru each tag, pulled a Valentine ribbon through and tied a simple tie and viola!



My girls loved them and couldn't wait to pass them out to their classmates...which makes me REALLY happy.








3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute Cathy! These look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You are stunning!

    Visit our blog @ www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete